Total arbit questions. Mix of stuff from college quizzes and some never-seen-before (!) originals.
1. An old question, from KS ’08 if I remember right. Identify the male voice.
2. This man has been in the news recently. Who?
3. What is special about this particular scene? No credit for IDing the movie.
4. A legendary character in the world of sport. Name this person. (This has to be the easiest of the lot)
5. This man himself is not too famous, but his name has been thrown around a lot in recent times, especially in the Indian media. Identify him and why has his name been taken so often?
1. Brett Lee. The female voice is, of course, Asha Bhosle. The song is called “You’re the one for me”.
2. French midfielder Samir Nasri, who recently (at the time of writing) moved from Olympique Marseille to Arsenal.
3. This scene from “The Pursuit of Happyness” has a cameo by the real Chris Gardner, on whose life the movie is based. Will Smith looks back towards the man as he passes.
4. Bobby Riggs, who in 1973 claimed that the women’s game was rubbish and boasted that he could beat the top women’s player (Billie Jean King) even at his then age of 55 – and promptly lost.
5. Senator Henry J Hyde, chairman of the United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs from 2001 till his death in November 2007. He is the man after whom the Hyde act in the India-US nuclear deal is named.